If you are going to a conference to represent a startup, you have to be a scout – always prepared to be ingenious and flexible.
In spite of grand preparation for events, there are no limits for improvement.
So here are few issues to check before participation:
- Have you stocked some organizing and communication tools up? You live in the world of innovations and a lot of inventions for rational use of time. So use tools and spare your time.
- Make people remember you. Think your marketing materials through. To be clear, everyone has prepared hundreds of business cards, handshakes, and long nights for follow-ups. Be creative with your business card. In addition, you can take a selfie with a person you communicate with and add it to your follow-up.
- Do not neglect to do business right on time. On the first day, a lot of communication, party. Then go to bed? No-no, time to send first follow-ups. First of all, you won’t forget the main details and an investor may still remember you.
- Not very promising first communication with an investor? Do not lose contact, work with it at the next conferences. There are guys, who reached the goal at the third conference they’ve worked with an investor.
- Positive thinking. If you are not success-oriented – do not go to such an event. You will get any profit because your brain is programmed on failure.
And don’t forget about the quality of the software. Let’s rock!